“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.” - Shel Silverstein

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Off The Hook - Operation Clear The Plate...

...has failed! LOL I can't help it! I'm always finding stuff I want to try and there's always stuff I *need* to do... I started my stroll jacket! I'm so glad I'm on Ravelry the ladies there have been so helpful. I learned a new technique! The chainless single crochet foundation. The ladies in my crochet along suggested it and I learned how to do it by watching a video Teresa, a fellow raveler, has on her blog! I will never use a regular starting chain again...

I also started fooling around with some scarf ideas to use up all the random yarn I've collected..ok not *all* of it! The legwarmers are started...I messed up, and may need to start over..UGH! But we'll see...I still need to make pajamas out of my mountain of flannel...but I guess it keeps me out of trouble! I was talking to my husband earlier about a large purchase I'm anxious to make (my cell phone upgrade) and he said to be patient and be a good girl (translation: don't buy anything over the internet until I say so) then said "go play with your yarn"...yes dear! LOL

So for the moment I bring you the beginning of my stroll jacket I have lovingly dubbed "Rae's Red Riding Hood" I'm loving my tomato colored yarn! The main stitch is the marguerite stitch, or star stitch, and being as it is a decorative stitch it doesn't work up too quickly...there's 5 rows in the picture (11 at the moment)...slow and steady wins the race!




No comments:

Post a Comment