“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.” - Shel Silverstein

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Off The Hook - Operation Clear The Plate!

You heard right! I'm clearing my plate... I'm finishing up all of my loose little projects and then I'm going to work on my circle jacket until I run out of yarn (I'm using no dye lot yarn, more coming in the mail from Caron) so that I can have something to show for my work. You see my DH doesn't like to see me with scads of UFOs popping out of my yarn basket scattered around my rocking chair and a pile of them next to (ok almost covering) the sewing machine. He doesn't understand that this is a sign of a brilliant crafter at work!

But he does have a point...I would like to feel as though I've acomplished something. Not to mention that some of my projects are actually needed, i.e. the sack of flannel the size of Scooter that has yet to become pajamas for the kids. Also on Thursday my yarn will arrive from joann.com for my stroll jacket and pointework legwarmers, so starting this weekend I'd like those to be my only yarn projects. I'm going to try to eliminate a good bit of sewing work so that my only UFO in that department is Adam's quilt. We shall see...

In any case the point in me saying all of this is that yesterday I finally finished Gab's Head Hugger! I started it November 1st or so and I've frogged and redone it 3 times until it became what it is today. It's wearable and she loves it. Mission accomplished!

My pom pom maker is NOT big enough to make a pom pom the size of this one. To make it I followed the directions at Nancy's Pom Pom Palace. The only part of this hat from a pattern is the head hugging part! I was trying to make Dr. Mom's Head Hugger but it was making me sad so I decided to finish it my own way...I actually had crocheted an entire newsboy cap that ended up looking awful so I frogged it and crocheted as I went to make the head hugger hat. The brim ended up being too tight blah, blah, blah...so I ripped back three rows and added my own ear flaps and edging etc. I also tweaked Ben's beanie hat and finished it with my new earflap design...Yay me!

PhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment