“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.” - Shel Silverstein

Monday, December 21, 2009

Munchkin Mania - Savoring Life

As most of you know Saturday was my 7th wedding anniversary. The saying is true that day to day it seems as though nothing changes yet when we look back everything is different.

With that behind us, we now look forward to the 29th when two of our little ones were born. This is another day of inevitable reflection. I love to look at pictures and remember when each of them came into the world once again changing my world forever. It's hard to believe that just two short years ago this little ball of energy, this spunky little darling I call Scooter wasn't even here yet. They grow so fast.

Case in point: Miss Josephine. Yesterday she had her awakening. I mean she noticably became aware of her world and herself. I never had the pleasure witnessing this distinct moment with any of my other children. She plays and "talks" and coos and has become curious and friendly all in an instant. I'm in awe and in love!

Then I think about Adam, on the verge of 9 years old, I feel as though I've always known him even though I'm still discovering him daily. He's growing in good looks and in personality and I'm so proud... It just doesn't get any better than this...

No comments:

Post a Comment