“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.” - Shel Silverstein

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Home Sweet Home - Finally Banish Kool-Aid Stains!

This tip was so amazing I had to share it *with* pictures! I had stains on my rug for as long as I can remember, and with six kids they multiplied regularly. I'm so thankful I ran across this info on LilDuckDuck.com 

"Mix equal amounts of ammonia and hot water. Spray the stain. Take a towel and place over the stain. Go over the towel with an iron on its highest setting and watch the stain transfer! It was amazing. I did this 5 or 6 times over the stain and it was gone. It was an old stain too! Test in an area first." 

So here is the stain I chose to document for proof that this works
 Here it is half gone
 Almost there!
 My poor rag that caught the stain... But on the up side it washed completely away in the laundry :)
 No more Kool-Aid! I also promptly went over my rug with my rug cleaner to clean the whole thing and suck up the stinky ammonia :p
I also would like to add that you're going to want to open the window (and doors!) and throw a fan on because this is quite noxious. I should have expected it, I mean ammonia is pungent as it is and we are heating it up and turning into a vapor, but it caught me off guard. So I'm sharing a heads up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment