“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.” - Shel Silverstein

Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Glamorous Gourmet - Shish-Kabowls!

I was on a quest recently for a nice stuffed pepper recipe. My hubbykins had been asking me to try one. Well there are *so many* out there I couldn't choose! I didn't want to make them in the crock pot because I hate soggy peppers and I wasn't sure baking would be any better. I love grilled peppers. Like when hubby makes shish-kabobs. I love shish-kabobs, but the beef is so expensive, we haven't had them in the longest. The only beef I keep around is a couple roasts and ground beef. Which incidentally is the main ingredient in most stuffed pepper recipes...and some how my mind jumped from here to Shish-kabowls! 






















Mix This In A Bowl:
2lbs Ground Beef
1 Packet Onion Soup Mix
1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce

Cook It In A Skillet With This:
1 cup Dales Seasoning (just pour it over top don't mix)
1/2lb Bacon cut into 1 inch sections

Cook this as you would taco meat breaking up the beef chunks, until it is cooked through. Drain and return to the pan and cook an additional 5 minutes to improve the texture of the bacon. Then transfer it to a large bowl 

And Add:
1 Medium Onion (chopped)
1 Large or 4 Roma Tomatoes (diced)

Mix it up and use it to stuff the peppers. If you halve the peppers or use a small variety these can be finger food. Top each pepper with several Sliced Baby Portabello Mushrooms and grill the bowls for 10 or so minutes until the peppers are tender but still crisp.

No comments:

Post a Comment